Hello Hello

Hello.
Since this is my 1st post on this blog, i think its only proper for me to introduce myself. Call me Garangutan. I'm a 20yr old male man living in Singapore.

Like all of u, i hav a love-hate relationship with this garden city. There's always something to complain about. The humid/hot/still/sticky/wet/tropical/snow-free weather, kanchiong taxi drivers, expensive bus fares, excessive erp, crazy drivers, outrageously overpriced alcohol and cigarettes, overzealous traffic police, paperwork paperwork paperwork...

But, there's always something to be thankful for. Safety, political stability (i know some will have their "gahmen" qualms), racial harmony (starting to sound strangely like total defense?), freedom (yes, we are), familiarity, family, friends, zouk, the courtesy lion, cheesy mediacorp shows, gurmit singh, paul twohill, singapore idol (how did we get to the 3rd season?), 4th generation chinese who only speak English....

And like all of us Singaporeans (although some of u won't admit it), i love my country. Our families are here, our friends are here,our lives are here.

When a friend asked me to blog about Singapore and my experiences, i couldn't say no. I'm glad to do it. There'll be 2 entries a week about life as a Singaporean and my views on current affairs within the context of Singapore.

Happy reading!

3 comments:

garangutan...are u actually a monkey?

April 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

lol, u really sound like one... ;)

April 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

haha

April 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home